Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Chop, aka Bike Sumo


This reminds me of a game I played with my friends when we were juniors. We called it "Chop" and the rules were simple: Use a reasonably small area, like a parking lot or a basketball court; keep your feet on the pedals and your hands on the bars; ...anything else goes. Head butts, T-bones, hooks, whatever. If you crash or put a foot down, you're out.

It was a blast, and it probably helps bike-handling skills too. Maybe I should play some more...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like to call it the "Circle of Death" and always have the kids play it in the grass. Also, the circle is supposed to get smaller as riders get out. Everyone takes a step in.
Good times.
RB

Gianni said...

There are always a few suprises as to who really has the aggressive personality and who doesn't.

Last time I played at our team camp, I got smashed by a junior from the side while watching/ shoving another big fella.

She took us both out :-)

Fun times.

Anonymous said...

we did that too back in the day but on grass.
Taco'ed a wheel or two also.
Not as hardcore as you pavement guys.
choo choo

meh-wee-uhn said...

Oh mah word! I worked at a shop up in the bay area with one of those dudes!
Ha ha ha ha!