Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Aging

I have a theorem and it goes like this: For each day that you ride your bike, you add a half day onto your lifespan. For each day you don't ride, but instead spend 8+ hours in front of a monitor, you subtract two days from your life. That's one for the day spent on the computer, plus an additional one. Don't argue with me about this!

(I have an elegant proof, but...
the margin is too small to contain it.
)


The point is, the number of days you have remaining in your life is a non-linear function of how you spend each and every day.

4 comments:

Aram said...

C-walk lives forever then?

Marco Fanelli said...

> C-walk lives forever then?

Well, he IS a vampire after all...

But no, even c-walk's long solo break-away will be reeled in by the Grim Reaper eventually.

He'll add 49.999% to his lifespan because he only gets an extra half day for each day he rides. (He skipped a ride back in 1988 or else it would be 50%)

meh-wee-uhn said...

What if you work & ride in one day?

I've heard of such things happening, but perhaps it's an urban legend...

Anonymous said...

My plan is surf in the am, ride in the pm and compute at any other time you like. It's a stress free program, except deciding on meals. The latter item is what kills me...3 times a day.

I like lining up in the 50 plus mtb races and have people protest me on the starting line ;-)

Must be doing something right.

John