Sunday, September 16, 2007

Training Week -- 9/10 - 9/16

Was pretty fatigued most of the week. Had a couple of short rides with intensity and one long'ish climbing ride. Not sure it was a good prep week for Everest.

Number of rides: 6
Riding time: 12 hrs
Time in mid/high aerobic zone: 5 hrs
Best ride of the week: Saturday, climbing with SLO boys (Nick Nitro, Ken Hanson, Bob Clark)
Other: nope
Notes:
- Only got 18 kft of climbing this week. That's how screwy this Everest training is... you get 18 kft of climbing in a week and it feels like being a slacker!

2 comments:

Steve Weixel said...

It is funny how that works. I did about 18K feet also and it felt like nothing. It wasn't even as much as I would usually do before Everest training. But I told myself I wasn't slacking, I was tapering. And that whole being hit by a car thing...

Steve Weixel said...

I should add that is compared to about 42K feet last week